There’s No Reason For Being Bored For Long
There are so many ways to escape boredom. Personally, I have wayyyy too much on my to do list to ever get bored. If you are bored, its a blessing or a curse, lol. (More on that later!) I have some ideas to help you escape boredom and occupy your free time.
Best part about it, these ways to escape boredom that I will mention below are fun ways to spend your time but also, useful and could provide some type of benefit to you. Including generating extra streams of income to overcome boredom!
This post quickly gives you some of the ideas from my book ‘Fun and Affordable Ways to Escape Boredom’. The motivation behind producing the book and this website was to help you discover……
I run a website for people interested in trucking and truckers at lifeasatrucker.com and couldn’t believe how many people mentioned being bored. It caused me to research the issue. Couldn’t believe when I learned that a large portion of the population felt the same way.
Then it hit me……I used to be one of those people who experienced boredom often not too long ago.
Here is my philosophy today though. Every day should include some movement toward a goal which is in line with the future that you desire. I used to get bored but something happened to me. I had a shift in mindset. First you have to take time to think of what you really want for your life. What is the lifestyle that you want to be able to live? What does it look like 20 yrs from now?
(If you don’t go any further or get anything else from this post. Please read that last paragraph again, think about it and take ownership of it for yourself)
Guess what, if you truly think about that then you can always find things to do that move you closer and closer to making that a reality. So instead of being bored, you can find fun or beneficial things that are in line with those desires and you will be excited not bored. That’s it!
But I understand, that is a shift in thinking and for some, it’s a big jump in thinking, depending on your background. No problem! That is what this post and the book is actually designed to help you with. Ideas.
It’s an idea generator, thought provoker and problem solver in one.
Even though, it’s a fun book easy to ready and lighthearted, it’s filled with insights and perspective to make you look at the things that you are doing or could be doing right now to change your future!
If you like the ideas below for ways to escape boredom for smart people you WILL absolutely love this book. >>>>Ways to Escape Boredom
No offense but Boredom is a choice! Even if it is a subconscious choice! – Happy Hervy
12 Ways to Escape Boredom For Smart People
Cool activities and ideas to occupy your idle free time
- Start Your Own Blog/Website (It appreciates in value and it’s fun)
- Go to ancestry.com and see what your family tree looks like. (I haven’t done this but plan to.)
- Make a list of the things that you want to learn which will help enhance your life. Next time you are bored, began working on that list. (And check things off, which is also fun and good for your self confidence.)
- Make a list of the things that you want to accomplish in 10 years. Do research on what needs to be done in order to accomplish them. (Empowering)
- Hand write a letter to someone that did something for you that you are thankful for whom you never properly thanked. Mail it or hand deliver it. (Food for the soul.)
- Write a summary of what you want to be remembered for when you die. What will be your legacy? Write out 3 things that you can do to work on it. (Powerful to help you develop into the type of person that you want to be)
- Think of and write down the 3 moments/experiences/accomplishments in your life that you are most proud of! (Builds self esteem and helps identify qualities that you need to capitalize on more. Pat yourself on your back!)
- Take a sales training course. It’s something that you will have to do all of your life. It’s interesting, fun and beneficial to learn these techniques. (You sell yourself to your employer, you sell yourself to your potential husband or wife, bank, customer, etc. )
- Search for a public speaking class on meetup.com or join Toastmasters. It helps you to face a fear and boosts your confidence in yourself which helps you accomplish other goals. (If you don’t have an issue with public speaking, do something else that you are terrified about.
- Start your own YouTube Channel to share the experiences or perspectives of issues that you think would entertain, educate or empower other people. Then grow your audience so you can start an online business. (Especially good if you like the idea of being seen and seeing green. Lol, just kidding not a guarantee that you will see green, but it’s possible!)
- Search YouTube for a video called Biology of Belief. Watch it. It’s amazing. Then watch Gregg Braden – The Divine Matrix. It’s amazing too. (Will enlighten and empower you. Look up epi-genetics if you dare!)
- And if you like reading, how about picking up my book! 🙂 Especially if you liked what you read so far, you will love the book.
Fun and Affordable Ways to Escape Boredom
The Boredom Buster eBook!
This book has a lot of ideas in it for ways to spend your free time. I got the idea to put this together because of a large number of people saying they were bored. Especially trucker wives.
But drivers also asked what to do in down time. Something told me to see how many people were searching that phrase. You will never guess how many people….
100,000’s of thousands of people all over the world actually search for what to do when I’m bored online or ways to escape boredom. So I started to write. Then due to limited time, I decided to get help on putting it together. If you know me, you know not to expect to get a normal list of things to do. But more importantly, its much more in it than just a list.
Even things that you might see somewhere else will likely have a twists to it that you haven’t seen before. Pick up the book on Amazon here
Bonus for buying ‘Ways to Escape Boredom’ ebook…
When you get the book and leave an honest review after reading, I will send you a free copy of my CD….Escape What’s Holding You Back
Just copy the review that you left and paste it below as well and I will know to contact you. Thanks!